
KAY, movie review! I watched eden lake ystd with weirong (happy birthday!) and contary to reviews i think it's quite bad. Pfft.
Let's see. It's about a school teacher and her stupid boyfriend who goes to the secluded eden lake for a romantic getaway and run into the warth of 6 madly violent teenagers. Not so much of a scary, supernatural show but a horror, zomg blood gore cat and mouse chase thrill. I get it that the main point of the movie is to discuss youth violent, esp with the happy slapping cases in britian and all, but somehow became to imposed on the movie. Eh, a radio commentary on the youth crimes? No so subtle hints on the movie's theme. Furthermore the late developement became rather silly and the ending was a let down. Jenny, that pretty lady on the poster played by Kelly Reilly, broke down to a hysterical schizophrenia, sometimes going on a killing spree and sometimes being sorry. Eh. Not very convincing, at least not to me. The ending was terrible terrible terrible disappointing, I think a lot more avenues could have been explored instead of a father in need of anger management executing his revenge. Hmm. I left feeling very unsatisfied. Quite a pointless movie la yuk.
The good things about this movie is that it is very realistically scary, in the sense that it could actually happen. Youths do have the capacity and appetite for violence that even adults could fall victim too. The acting was pretty good too. Watching this show makes me want to stay put in Singapore where shouting at kids and threatening to call the police will usually stop most violent acts. Ha.
Speaking of authority, I'm having lots of fun abusing mine and making kids pick up litter. HAHA. How i hated doing that back in school, now i love terrorising kids.
On the other hand, I am really very broke, but don't seem to have much motivation to find a better paying job. Schools, call me now for relief teaching!